Shy Guy Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shy Guy Game

Welcome to the Shy Guy Game Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Caculator

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nonexistant2
I Don't Exist!
Nonexistant2

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Caculator Empty
PostSubject: Caculator   Caculator EmptyMon Apr 02, 2007 9:09 pm

I just thought I might show you the calculator I have been making in game maker, I was mainly making it to get better at GML[which will in turn help me make shy guys!].

So if you want to see it click this link:

http://www.4shared.com/file/13451427/ec2e6d88/caculator.html

I'm not going to continue this project at all, just thought you might like to know what I've been doing.

HELP: just click the buttons, like a regular calculator program. And if you want to change the skin[to the blue skin] press your space bar.

Random side note: The .exe file seems to be over 2 mega bytes Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation but the .gm6(or .gmk) file is only 38 kb! kind of weird. Even more weird is that 2 megabytes is bigger than the shy guys file!!!!!!!!

BTW: if you have any questions about the code, just ask, and I'll post the code I used.

BTW: Don't type in a number with over nine digits, as it will automatically be changed to a zero. Sad

Last edited by on Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:08 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
mungoz
Glide Guy
mungoz

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-03-22

Caculator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caculator   Caculator EmptyTue Apr 03, 2007 2:20 am

Ok a calculator on game maker.....how strange.
I hope to see it when you have uploaded it!!!
Back to top Go down
Nonexistant2
I Don't Exist!
Nonexistant2

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Caculator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caculator   Caculator EmptyTue Apr 03, 2007 5:54 pm

It is all done now, I'm just adding some cool features to it, so that you will prefer it over the default Microsoft calculator. (like a 'Real time Computation System'[I made that name up Very Happy but I haven't ever seen a calculator that can do this, so I have the right to make up my own name for it.], that tells you your answer while you are entering the values and selecting the operation[aka, it tellls you your answer before you even hit 'equals'. And two skins that you can chose from.)

The main thing that it doesn't include that the MS calculator does include, is "scientific mode", along with only four operations on my caculator VS. the 10 + on the MS calculator(though those extra operations are useless anyway...)

The main reason I'm making this is to get better at GML, so it will have some quite cool features.(I think)

I'm currently testing it for bugs(like division by zero) and creating error messages for when this happens.

In other news: Once I complete (and upload) this caculator I will go back to shy guys. And guess what is first up on my programing priority list??? re-doing the inventory/item system. [so that you can have multiple items without crazy glitches occurring. and it will be done in about 80% GML.]

...I'm getting to be quite a better programmer...

.:EDIT:.

here are some screen shots!
Caculator Screeniecaculatornt5

the 'real time computation' is displayed at the bottom.

No Blue skin screen shots available.

UPDATE! I've now uploaded it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Caculator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caculator   Caculator Empty

Back to top Go down

Caculator
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shy Guy Game :: Other :: Your Games-
Jump to: